Hey Quite The Chap here for GolfersRX. Welcome to the How to Shoot in the 80’s series in the 60 Second Series, where today we’re going to learn the most basic chipping fundamental.
Let’s get the basics down for chipping so we can then work on the intricacies and get those chips closer.
The key to my chipping is a solid left wrist. It’s solid from set up all the way through to the finish.
Here’s how we help our wrist stay solid throughout:
– Take an alignment stick and hold it in your grip
– Make sure that the majority of it sticks out past your body
– position your hands and ‘wrists’ so that the alignment stick doesn’t touch your body.
– You can see that you have a nice solid lead wrist at set up.
– Now keep it throughout your swing.
– The key here is to make sure that the alignment stick doesn’t hit your body at or after impact.
– This means you’ll have to rotate through impact and not just swing with your arms.
– If you swing your arms…bang.
– Rotate and there ya go.
A solid left wrist is going to help you make better contact on your chips. Solid contact. Better consistency. Excellent chipping.
Until next time, keep it simple.