Hey Quite The Chap here for GolfersRX. Welcome to the How to Shoot in the 80’s series in the 60 Second Series, where today we’re going to find fairways.
Fairways, the things we cross when we’re looking for our ball. Shorter grass. Generally nice place to be. Let’s find those on a more regular basis with this simple setup. This is advice directly from Jack Nicklaus:
– When you’re lining up your shot, stand behind the ball
– Pick a small target in the distance (aim small, miss small)
– Now here is the key, pick a target 2-5 feet in front of your ball that is on the same line, whether its a divot, a weed, a whatever
– Line up to that target. Forget about the target in the distance. Lock into the target directly in front of you.
– That kind of focus is going to give you the confidence to swing freely and hit more fairways.
Golfer beware, this does not fix your slice or hook. What this does is get you lined up properly. So if you play a power fade, set up and play for it, same if you draw the ball. Ben Hogan famously said: “You only hit a straight ball by accident.”
Pick a target that plays into your shot shape.
If you’re liking these videos, give us a thumbs ups, leave a comment, subscribe to our channel or website…we appreciate all the support you offer.
Until next time keep it simple