Hey Quite The Chap here for GolfersRX. We put out a 60 sec tip on how to get into a good and solid setup position. We called it Consistent Posture. Then we were asked by one of you, how do you stay in that posture during the swing, in today’s 60 second tip.
A consistent setup is going to lead to a more consistent swing. But if you’re losing your posture throughout the swing, maybe not so consistent. Here are two simple drills to help you FEEL the posture throughout the swing and to stay in the same posture:
– Get into your setup position (like we’ve been practicing in the off-season)
– Move your club out (staying in the same position)
– And then mimic your swing with your trail hand, maintaining your posture throughout
You can do this as slow as you want to help you FEEL what it’s supposed to feel like.
Now the other drill is going to help you stay in your posture throughout your swing…and it’s simple
– take your setup position
– and make a normal swing
– but when you’re making your downswing and coming through impact- keep your back foot on the ground longer.
– Instead of popping up on your toe which can lead to this
One last thought is to imagine covering the ball with your chest throughout your swing, this will give you an image of staying over the ball.
I hope this helps. Haven’t subscribed to us? Hit the subscribe button. If you think this could help a fellow golfer- give it a share! If you like it, give it a thumbs up. And if you have something to add to the conversation, let us know in the comment section below.
Thanks and until next time, keep it simple.